Monday, March 9, 2009

Randomness

Hello...I feel like I haven't blogged in awhile...so busy!

Thanks for all the great captions to Friday foto picture...I let Hubby and The Only Daughter choose the funniest one.....(drum roll reaches crescendo...)
Karyn wins! Her comment was witty and showed she is a regular reader referencing my humiliating experience involving the gym and a squat! She wins a $10 gift card to Starbucks!
Blogstalker won a very honorable mention with both Hubby and Daughter commenting that they feel Blogstalker is of the male persuasion...Visit HIS blog and let me know what you think!
If you want to see all of the funny comments go here!

I am taking Jill Jill bo Bill's advice for being more generous and going through all closets and cabinets...our youth group at church is having a garage sale...and I have some stuff to give away!

Hubby and I checked out three movies from the library...
Cinderella Man...excellent!!!
Gone Baby Gone...also excellent
27 Dresses...Pretty Good!

I just finished reading Big Russ & Me by Tim Russert and I loved it! I love politics and he was very active in politics but it was his interesting relationship with his father that was very enjoyable to read about!

I will mail this book to the first person who wants it!

Hubby and I had mentioned we were looking for used bikes to ride to my dad as we had given ours away to a couple of men who were down on their luck and needed transportation. So...my dad bought us two bikes and fixed them up and brought them over for us...
My Hubby and I at 51 and 50 (Me) haven't had Dad buy us a bike in a couple of years...it felt like Christmas...it was really very sweet!
Thanks Dad!

10 comments:

Diane said...

I'm getting a bike soon, too! And can I just say, giving your old ones away to people who needed them? You, my friend, put your money where your mouth is when it comes to charity and doing good deeds.

Debbie said...

I'm happy for you guys and your new bikes! That is so fun:)

Jennifer said...

How nice about the bikes! And congrats to Karyn on the win!

Betty said...

How sweet of your dad! Hope you have fun using the bikes.

Jeanne Estridge said...

It was warm enough here this weekend to ride, but too windy. I can't wait to get the bikes back out!

Alpacamountain said...

Awe, how sweet of your dad! Congrats to Karyn.

Anonymous said...

Oh, remember getting a new bike when you were a kid! The possibilities!!! I'm too old (59) to ride a bike ever again, but I'd still love the joy of having one given to me!

Claremont First Ward said...

So cool about the bikes! Are you still Pilatesing like crazy? :)

Karyn said...

Yea! I have never won anything and I have to tell you- I love a good cup of hot tea and it ALWAYS tastes better when someone else makes it! Thank you thank you thank you!
I also cannot wait to see you and Bob on your bikes.

Anonymous said...

Dang it....I'm always late to these things! I really want to read that book. I ordered it after Tim Russert died and I never got it. I'll have to physically go pick it up..I'm not going to take anymore chances. I really miss Tim Russert right now.....I think I would trust him over everyone else.