Thursday, March 26, 2009

26 Years Ago...We Were So Blessed!



Dear Rachel,
I prayed for you...I sat on the floor in the kitchen at night and prayed and cried for another baby... quiet so your Dad wouldn't hear.
I wanted another baby so much. I hated that I envied other mother's their sweet babies and while I was excited about all your older brother's milestones, I knew it took me further and further away from all the baby memories we had shared.
We had decided to stop trying and just embrace our family of three...I didn't think I could go through another miscarriage. Your Dad while sad...honored my decision. And then...like something out of a movie...on our 5th wedding anniversary...
I totally surprised your Dad when we found out I was already pregnant with you...an answered prayer as far as I was concerned! I often describe you as the heart and soul of our family...always loving, loyal...so very tenderhearted.
I love that you set goals for yourself and attain them. I love that you love God, politics, The Florida Gators and Britney Spears.
I am proud of the young woman you have become and while I won't take the credit for you...I will say you are exactly the girl I prayed for... although... I had imagined you with darker hair!
I love you and I hope you had a wonderful 26th Birthday!
Love, Mom
P.S. I owe you Chicken and Yellow Rice w/ peas on top!

Visit Cute Candid Carrie for more friday foto!

31 comments:

Scary Mommy said...

Oh, so sweet. What a wonderful gift. :)
Happy Birthday, Rachel. 26 is a good year!

Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday Rachel!

Such a sweet post! My son shares her birthday! #16 over here!

Linda said...

Awwww...so, so sweet.

I have my own sweet baby girl (who's 34-yikes) and a sweet baby granddaughter....

Happy Happy Birthday Rachel!

Roshni said...

wow! What a wonderful surprise that made! A boy and a girl?! That sounds good..though mine is perfect too with my two sons!!

jen721 said...

What a wonderful gift.

Unknown said...

Sooo sweet! Love the post & the photo!

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Ronda, Congratulations on your new baby girl, 26 years ago!
I know, after 7 boys, how hard you prayed. So did I.
Shes beautiful!
Happy birthday Rachel

Glenda, saved by grace said...

That don't sound right. I have 7 boys, not Ronda.
Its too early to be blogging! :)

ACR said...

Oh, sweet birthday post. Happy Birthday! Makes me think a girl could come true ... although, that's what I just got my girl puppy for! LOL

Melissa B. said...

What a poignant post...Happy B-day, Rachel!

ACR said...

Yup, groceries ONLINE and they deliver to your counter. They don't out it away, but it rocks! In RI here, grocery store called Stop&Shop. I felt a little lazy the first time, but the alternative of going shopping with 2 little boys makes it a-okay! :)

The Corradetti Clan said...

Happy Birthday Great blog. I am headed over from CC hope you are great day, 26th ahh it was a good year.

Rachel said...

That was wonderful Mom! I am SO blessed that God gave me a caring, funny, beautiful and gracious mother and friend!! Thanks for a great birthday :)

Susie said...

What a great tribute to your daughter!! That was beautiful:-)

Ann On and On... said...

This is a very special post. Your daughter is beautiful.

Kori said...

Oh, wow. What a lucky, lucky daughter.

Diane said...

Such a sweet story... she's lovely!

Teri said...

So, so sweet! A big happy birthday to Rachel!!

A New Yorker said...

You are the mom I always wanted for me! HAHA! I can only imagine what my mother might say. I think I have to write the fake letter from my mother and see if you guys will laugh a little with me :)

Betty said...

Awe that´s so sweet! Happy Birthday to your daughter Rachel!

Swirl Girl said...

what a sweet tribute to your daughter!

(and no way you have a 20something???)

Unknown said...

What a wionderful tribute to your daughter!!

Happy Birthday, Rachel !! :-)

I was hoping for a baby girl after 2 boys. We decided to try once more and we got our baby girl, as well as another baby boy as a bonus. :-)

Can't believe they will be 31 in September!

Karyn said...

Oh my gosh, I have tears in my eyes! Ronda you are blessed to have such a wonderful daughter and friend. Happy, happy birthday Rachel! Lots of love to you both.

careysue said...

What a wonderful tribute to your beautiful daughter!! You are such a great mom!! Truly.

I too prayed for children--tried for 7 years! I would of had more had I'd been younger!!

Skoots1moM said...

WHAT A PRECIOUS LETTER TO DD...MY DD'S BDAY IS 2MORROW!!

Linda S said...

That's a great birthday post!! Chicken and Yellow rice with peas sounds yummy!

Jeanne Estridge said...

You really are blessed. What I love about you is that you know it.

Emily said...

You are blessed and what a lovely way to honor your daughter. Beautiful, happy Phriday!

Rhonda said...

Oh, Ronda, what a sweet post!!!

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday to Rachel. I love what you wrote about her and how much you wanted her. I'm so happy that you have her in your life.
Ginger

Jennifer said...

Awwww! That was so sweet Ronda! I hope she had a terrific birthday!!