Tuesday, March 3, 2009

HELP!! I Have Fallen in a Squat and I Can't Get Up!


I thought you might like to see the progress on my Pilates body!
Yea...Elle magazine was so impressed they put me on the cover! Maybe ...just a little air brushing and ...face makeup!!!


Pilates is hard! The Russian lady who teaches/tortures me is convinced I am the most uncoordinated person she knows...and I concur!

I went to the YMCA with my grown-to-big-for-her-britches daughter and she was helping me work out...she never dreamt she would be helping me up off the floor!
She asked me to do a squat with a ten pound weight and my quads were hurting from Pilates...so I go down and CAN NOT get back up!!
I tell daughter...I can't get back up and she repeats ..."You can't get back up!"
Which causes me to start laughing...I am a 50 year old woman caught in the bottom of a squat and I can't get up! This poor man who no longer wishes he works at the YMCA comes over to me and I am laughing...but he thinks I am in trouble...which clearly I am. "Are you okay?"
Let's review...
I can not get out of a ten pound squat! I am squatting there...laughing... while a concerned employee and laughing daughter watches!
Madonna...watch your back girl...clearly you have some competition!
For more Wordful Wednesdays visit Angie!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that has me laughing out loud! I have been doing yoga and have fallen more than once from those somewhat awkward poses that only 20 something bodies can do. I feel your pain! and I'm laughing right there with you!

Debbie said...

I am laughing just picturing this.
I have been trying to tell you all that exercise is bad for you:)

Rhonda said...

I hope you've done your kegels!! Personally I probably would have peed my pants!!! lol

Unknown said...

You GO girl....

I can't wait to see you with some madonna cones on.... LOL

A New Yorker said...

Is that like copping a squat?

Unknown said...

LOL...I totally would have been the same way...

Cupcake Dessert said...

That is too funny!!! i used to love to do yoga but i never lost any weight so i lost interest lol.... i love that elle cover!! you look slammin :)

Coffee with Cathy said...

So what happened? How did you rise back up??? Thanks for a great story and a good laugh. I've often thought that I'm glad I do my fitness contortions at home in front of the TV because I'm sure if I were in a class or a gym nobody could concentrate from laughing too hard -- at me. Love your blog and plan to be a regular visitor.

Jennifer said...

That totally sounds like something that would happen to me!

Looking good on the Elle cover!! ;-)

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh, I would have paid to see that. But would have helped you up too. I always hated squats.

Alpacamountain said...

Hell, I get stuck in a squat when I go down to get the dog...Your doin good girly.

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness that was too funny!

I swear, if I get down into a squat to take pictures, I can get back up, but it hurts like hell.

Kori said...

Ha, you poor thing! But I would have loved to have seen it, honestly. :)

Jeanne Estridge said...

So now you have sore hamstrings to match your sore quads!

tiarastantrums said...

that would so be me - if I exercised!

Karyn said...

L-o-v-e the cut and paste!
Your "fun" at the gym is why I do not go!

Brenda said...

And that, that is what daughters are good for, a good laugh!

Betty said...

Fuuunny! I love that you were there with your daughter! Mine would be too embarrassed by her mom to be seen with her... :)

Ronda's Rants said...

She is now!!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Thanks for the laugh today..........you did'n't get hurt, right? :)

Ginger said...

That's why I don't exercise!!! LOL

Teri said...

I finally had to pass on the pilates. During the grueling 1 hour sessions, I kept telling myself that it was helping my core which would help my back. Aaah. My back felt horrible for weeks afterwards. I need to find a new exercise program, I think.

Brenda said...

That so would have been me, only I would have been laughing & tinkling at the same time - need to work on my Kegels I guess!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!