Monday, July 7, 2008

The Internet Cafe Question

Do you have a godly (woman) mentor in your life? If so, describe your relationship with her… If you don’t have a mentor, would you like one and what would you hope to gain from the relationship?

I have been fortunate all my life to have wonderful godly women mentors in my life and I have taken them for granted. I hadn't any idea how lucky and fortunate I was growing up with my great-grandmother, two grandmothers, two aunts and a mother who all had strong Christian faith and values. Honestly, I can't remember a time not knowing the Lord...I feel I was born into God's family as I have been aware of His love my whole life because of these amazing women. Not just by word was I shown His love but by their deeds and acts of love, service and mercy.

It hasn't stopped there though...it seems I learn a new lesson from women who touch my life everyday...and it doesn't have to be an older women, as my daughter, daughter-in-law and future daughter-in -law have taught me real truths in the way they handle their joys, obstacles and disappointments. God is in our midst, if we would only see and listen.


And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.


2 John 5-6



4 comments:

LoLo said...

I love this!! I hope you know what a godly woman you are yourself!! I am so fortunate to learn from you and feel comfort in knowing that my future children will share in the same faith that your grandmother taught you!

Cristine said...

Great post. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on the topic. Blessings!

Cristine

Lily said...

This is true...I think we can learn and be guided by various women of all ages.

Nic said...

Fab post. I don't have, and haven't had a female mentor, but I do genuinely believe EVERYONE we meet has something to teach us, and I do find at least one thing to admire in everyone.