Thursday, May 28, 2009

Will the Sunshine Ever Come Back?


I am feeling a little bit sad. I think part of the problem is I am solar powered and the sun is missing from the Florida Sunshine which by the way is messing up the whole Florida tourist campaign of "Share the Sunshine" as frankly, there is none to share. I could share "Buckets of Rain" not just figuratively but literally..."Buckets of Rain!" It's hard to complain about something we have prayed so hard about because Florida has been in a 3 year drought but...seriously I can complain about anything! I have earned...and I do mean earned the nickname Eeyore...and I can crack my Hubby up by imitating this name sake.
But...Eeyore is a tiring character to imitate...it even hurts my shoulders. We have all worked too hard, put too many to-dos on our calenders and most of all struggled with this economy! I am just tired and cranky...if I were a toddler... someone would put me to bed!
We have planned a trip to Austin, Texas in June and I will be grateful for the time away...it is helpful for me to get-a-way when I feel this overwhelmed, also talking to a friend (Karyn...expect a phone call)...but mostly it's time to sit with God by the lake. I won't be talking...I will be listening!

9 comments:

Roshni said...

uh oh! Hoe he doesn't give you a talking to!! :)...maybe he'll just put u to bed!!

Ronda's Rants said...

Now...that would be sensible!

Rhonda said...

Oh, how that would suck to go on a Florida holiday right now and get nothing but rain!!! You are lucky that, for the most part, you get to enjoy sunshine daily. Just pop a couple of vitamin D's and the sun will come out to re-energize you soon! (I love the solar-power comment, BTW!! Hilarious!)

tiarastantrums said...

no kidding - I have not seen the sun here in 5 days!

A New Yorker said...

If you want a rainbow you gotta put up with the rain.

Betty said...

Awwe! I hope you get some sun soon. We are having the best weather here. Drizzle rain and cold! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. I apologize for the rain, but it stopped the drought! Right now, we're living in Hernando and arrived here just in time to start the Indiana weather that you've been having. I was ready to GO HOME after two damn weeks of this! "We might as well be home!" I kept saying. Now it stopped....just in time for the rainy season. We brought it. Sorry. But some people want to erect a statue in our honor. Does Vitamin D work? This gloomy weather has me as depressed as the gloomy weather in Indiana did.

Unknown said...

It's been quite the same here in NC... it just won't stop raining... and we need it, but do we have to make up for 3 years of drought in 3 months????

Unknown said...

I hope your trip comes quickly! I love sitting by lakes and looking at the water too! So peaceful!