Thursday, May 14, 2009

Doctor's Orders ...Take a Laugh!

I think the importance of a sense of humor in life shouldn't be underestimated...seriously!
My Hubby has many qualities that I find sexy and endearing but he has a great sense of humor.
Someone who has the ability to make others laugh in a stressful time is so important. I have many of those people in my life...I married that kind of guy...granted a good deal of the stress I am under he has provided but he does make me laugh all the time! Most of my friends make me laugh and all of my children and their spouses have a great sense of humor! We like funny people which this story does not indicate at all... other than to suggest we were very tired!

Last evening...Hubby had a meeting to go to and I was not invited nor did I want to attend but I did make the drive back to St. Augustine with him...a three hour tour.
So...he suggested places to drop me off and I decided I wanted to go to Marshall's which even though they have very low prices (they do and no...I am not getting paid to say this) ...My Hubby was worried about me spending too much money!

So...as I am getting out of the car..
He says " Remember we are Broke..." and as I turn to look at him...thinking "Yeah...that was going to slip my mind"...he adds...
"...Back Mountain!"
I know he's cheesy but I can't believe he said it and I start laughing...
"I don't think that means what you think it means! I say
and "Not that there's anything wrong with that!"
I tell him adding..."I think you may want to see the movie before you tell people we are indeed Broke Back Mountain..."

So...we will never be on the comedy circuit but
"Who makes you laugh?"

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.....how cute!

My friends make me laugh....Zander makes me laugh and I make myself laugh. I have to laugh at things or I think I'll go insane.

Cozyflier said...

This is fun. Laughter is the Best Medicine!!!

Life without laughter would be really boring. Our family laughs all the time!

Cute story, I can so relate!

Rhonda said...

Perhaps he's trying to tell you something?? lol

I still laugh at the time Cassie, on Obama's inauguration day, said he was being assasinated that day. Then Leon choking out a "Cassie!! He's not getting assasinated! He's getting inoculated!!"

lol

Betty said...

My hubby is not really that funny, but I do love my friends that make me laugh!

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

stopping by your blog to say hi and this post is too funny!!! Laughter is so important in our lives....and having a hubby that just throws things out there like that would be awesome!!!

Heather of the EO said...

I love it!

I totally agree, a sense of humor is definitely needed to survive life in general.

My husband is hilarious. It's one of the reasons I fell for him. He has a twin brother, and the two of them keep people rolling for hours. I'm so lucky to have the comedic relief he gives every day.

Just yesterday he walked away from our three year old, shaking his head and asking how it's possible for one child to talk so much. Without missing a beat he said, "It's like a running monologue...that child has his very own verbal journal going at all times." So random...verbal journal. But hilarious to me because it's so true. The child never stops telling you every detail of everything he's doing.

Wow, long comment :)

Roshni said...

I can totally relate coz my husband makes the same weird jokes..and I laugh at them all the time!!!

A New Yorker said...

I'm still looking for the one that makes me laugh.

Glenda, saved by grace said...

I like a good belly laugh once in a while, but it takes ALOT!
That kinda off the hip stuff is funny!

Jennifer said...

LOL--that made me laugh too! I great to have a funny hubby--mine keeps me laughing all the time!

Ginger said...

That's cute. So did you buy anything?
I wish my hubby was funny. He is way too serious and all he does any more is gripe about politics. I'm so sick of hearing it. I love to laugh. It makes me feel good to laugh so hard I cry.

Justine said...

OMG, tell hubby to watch the movie!!!!! Heeheeheeeeeeeeeee

Justine :o )

Karyn said...

I have been so tired lately, nothing is funny. Now if Bob has another meeting where Michael Hunt is talked about by an idiot, I would laugh!