Sunday, May 17, 2009

Take a Long Walk...










Everyone is under stress these days...I see it in our industry in Florida...not a lot of work and many people competing for the work there is. Physically working out at a gym is helpful but maybe that is not in your budget these days...so take a long walk. Be present and in the moment...mindful of your breathing...I have noticed when I feel stressed...I tend to hold my breath! My Pilates instructor told me that is not good for your blood pressure...when you are 51...you think about things like your blood pressure!

While I was in St. Augustine I took some pictures of doorways and entry ways that I liked...it was a great long walk...I was present in the moment...besides a nice memory...I may frame some of these for collage on my dining room wall!

9 comments:

Roshni said...

looks and sounds like a great walk!!

Rhonda said...

I really want to meet up with you some day. But it would be a REALLY long walk from here. But somehow, I'll come to you. It's way too flipping cold here!! Snow again for tomorrow. Can you believe that???

Justine said...

Isn't Saint Augustine just amazing? I feel very lucky to live here, although I'm about 20-25 minutes from the historic district. Where in FL are you?

Justine :o )

Betty said...

Yes you should frame these. They look so great! At first I thought they were from some magazine...

A New Yorker said...

Really neat!

Karyn said...

You should definitely frame these!

Teri said...

Looks like you and I are on the same page walking-wise! These photos are great. I love your idea about hanging them in your dining room. Doorways to what lies ahead. Cool.

Diane said...

Beautiful pics and good advice :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with all the other comments....great advice and beautiful pics!