Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Had a Bad Day...

Sometimes I feel like my bucket is too full...and it's my fault entirely. You see for me...when I pray and literally put my problems in God's hands...they really are not my problems to carry as I have put them in "His Bucket!"
This is the image I use as I pray...and it works. No matter what you believe about prayer...this works for me.
Now whether you feel this is an exercise in mental health or as I believe... God in spirit taking them from me...
It only works if you do it...

I let too long a time go and too many things happen in between my times with God.
I forgot...once again that this time is priceless and yet costs me very little.

We, human beings always say or do the wrong thing accidentally but God doesn't...He has the words...
If we are still and listen.

What happened yesterday...
Unexpected bad news on top of a full bucket...
I had a moment of real sadness and an inability to think in a meaningful way...

I typed on my facebook page that I was at a low point...
Within minutes, my friend's from church, former neighbors, family and my blogging community were reminding me of ways to cope and saying prayers...
I tearfully read meaningful scripture reminding me of God's promises...
I left for a long walk alone but not feeling alone...
I talked later with a friend via instant messaging on facebook...we brainstormed ideas for my continued sanity!!

Technologies change but God and His love for his people do not!

Thank you to all my blogging friends whether you believe or not... I felt God's love from you!

9 comments:

Kori said...

I have long believed that God speaks to us through other people is we stop and listen. I know I forget sometimes to just be still, you know? So glad you got the support and care and love that you needed to be lifted up. Thinking of you today.

Betty W said...

I´m glad you got the help you needed and totally agree with you. The technology´s change, but God´s people stick together no matter where they are. They find each other and give each other comfort. And isn´t that what God says we are supposed to do? :) I hope you feel better and find a solution to your problem.

Justine said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Ronda}}}}}}}}}}}} I'm so glad you felt the support of everyone who cares for you, and of course the love you know is always there for you from God.

Justine :o )

Kathryn Magendie said...

Hugs to you Ronda - aren't the love of friends and family wonderful? the rallying around when we are low or hurt ...*smiling*

Teri said...

I am sooooo glad that you had a little walk and talk time. I thought of you a lot last night after I read your FB comment. One day at a time...or sometimes in my case, one hour at a time. :-)

A New Yorker said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Rhonda said...

I'm thinking of you!!

Dr. Mom said...

You are in my prayers. Hope things get better soon!

Jeanne Estridge said...

Sorry I wasn't around to lend a listening ear -- and glad that so many others were. That's what God does, of course....