Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Not Oprah's Book Club...it's Ronda's Bloggy Book Club


I have decided to start a "blogging book club." The rules are simple, read the book and then the last Sunday of each month blog to me about it. No cheese balls, no wasting gas driving to each others' house, just read the book and blog about it. My daughter gave me this book awhile ago and I have started it twice so obviously I have commitment issues however it seems very interesting. I am determined to finish this book and I have now put it out there for everyone to see...so here goes...it is (drum roll please) A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. This is the same author who wrote The Kite Runner.

So get reading...I am ahead of you...I am on page 13.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

awww crap. I've got like 14 books now that I have to read. But it's cool, I LOVE reading, so this is exciting :) BTW, right now I'm ready The Lovely Bones...wow, talk about a sad book!

Brenda said...

Ok, I'm in. I just put in for a hold at the library (I'm #21, but they seem to have zillion copies circulating so I'm sure to get it before the 29th).

Great idea, although I have to say, I am a little bummed about the lack of cheese balls.

Ronda's Rants said...

I am so glad!!!! I am also glad you are going to get you book at the library. Great green tip! Now, let's get Karyn, Lauren and Rachel K. 'cause they have sooooo much free time!

About the cheese balls...what you do in the privacy of your home is fine with me.

LoLo said...

ok so im in on the book club..i just finished wear your life well so you can read it now..im going to start your book this week so I can blog. Love you!!

Ronda's Rants said...

Yeah! I am so happy. Now I want your Mom and sister! :)