Saturday, June 14, 2008

Really, really, good looking...but God is that man funny!

I read yesterday and again today in the St. Pete Times about a woman who was fired from her job at a bar in St. Pete for laughing too loud and too often. Can you believe it?
I thought about our family business and how much we laugh, often and very loud and usually over silly things. But, it is fun to work with people who find the humor in things.
From the get-go I was attracted to my husband because of his sense of humor, he is funny and very quick witted and I love that about him. Our children take after him, so we laugh a good many times a day and we would all be fired if we worked for that bar owner! I have a very distinct (okay loud) laugh and people know when I think something is funny. When the only daughter was 12 and embarrassed that she had parents she asked me very seriously "Must you laugh that way?" "Yes, I think I must." I countered.
Our humor has got us through some tough economic times lately, as well as our faith in God. We now have plenty of work and hopefully... we will be laughing all the way to the bank!

No comments: