Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stormy Weathers

When I was about six or seven and we were living here in Tampa, (which did not happen very often as my Father was in the Navy and we have lived EVERYWHERE...) there was a tornado warning while I was in school! We all huddled under our desks and even at six or seven, I remember thinking this isn't a good room to be in with all the glass windows! The teacher was calm but it didn't matter...I was afraid and wanted my Mom ...I have grown up with Hurricanes and Tornadoes and I have been in several but I still get afraid! I guess, I always will! Anyway, we have Tropical Storm Fay headed our way but she really isn't that big of a storm just a lot of wind and rain...
but still enough to make me feel lika a little girl under her desk wanting her Mom!

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

Okay, now I'm happy where I am. lol

We had one very serious tornado here about 22 years ago, and some fairly minor ones. That's enough for me! lol

KWolfAK said...

Ha, I grew up in California and often huddle under my desk afraid of earthquakes! I am so glad that I'm not in Florida right now, but I will be praying for you all.

Brenda said...

I remeber having tornado practice drills in elementary school where we had to huddle under our desks too. I think the storm will pass over with very little fanfare, so not to worry!

Jennifer said...

Stay safe Ronda! We had our first run-in w/ a really bad storm (not a tornado--but bad) last summer. It was so scary hiding down in the basement and hearing things crashing around outside! I hope Fay doesn't cause you too much trouble!!

Kori said...

I used to love the skies right before a tornado when I lived in colorado as a kid. I still love lightning and heavy rains-but I have never actually been IN a serious, scary storm, so I am sure it would scare the crap out of me!

Anonymous said...

Honestly I could never live in Florida. That stuff is just to scary for me but I guess every place his it's own potential natural disaster you just have to pick the one that scares you the least.

ADVERSE! said...

I hav never experienced anything like it....hope i never will eithere,i did think of you when i herd on news this morning,hope its not a bad one x

Anonymous said...

Keep your head down and hang on to something tight!

Yeah, glad to hear Fay puttered out a lil bit. Good luck!

Beth Ann said...

Hi Ronda!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I cant believe you have a tropical storm, and we will be in over 100 degree heat...again! LOL
Send some water our way! Isn't it strange how parts of the US can be so dry??? While others are wet regularly?
Hey- I won??? WOW! What was I lucky in? My email is Bthornhill@dc.rr.com
Im so excited!!!! Thanks!

Beth Ann
PS- hope you are all okay during/after your storm!

Tracy P. said...

Oh my--we get good blizzards here in MN, but if you can get yourself home, it's just a good excuse to stay home. My dad lives in Ocala, though, so we keep our eyes open for your weather.

Thanks for coming to the fair with me!