Saturday, August 9, 2008

Are we there yet?

Our family...isn't getting along and I seem to be at the epicenter of it. Surprise! I have said before, we have a family business and most days it is really fun! Really! But, it hasn't been fun in a really long time...The economy has taken a toll on us, they say Florida is in a recession...another big surprise. We have made it past the time we hadn't any work of any kind...just small jobs and volunteer opportunities with Habitat... which we love to do regardless. But, paying jobs are kind of nice, too. Now, when we have a lot of work ahead of us and while we should feel blessed and grateful, we don't. We all feel tired, angry, frustrated, misunderstood and confused! All the things that happen in a normal workplace...grumbling, complaining about the "man" bickering, however, it has been hard for me to listen as this is my husband they are talking about. My "still at work" husband...who wants still to provide for his family, no matter how large that family has grown. Our children are hardworking, good people but they have all been overworked and stressed to their breaking point. It would seem so have we...
Please pray for our family as we change our relationships and our business structure. I know God does have good things in store for us because we are faithful but it does seem "dark" right now...Our best moments in our life has been watching our son make our business grow...and now he is going to make another business grow and that will make us even more proud. He is a shining star!
While reading Three Cups of Tea, I found this Persian proverb...

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars!
I am looking...

10 comments:

LoLo said...

we will get there..wherever "there" is supposed to be:)

KWolfAK said...

I will definitely pray! Remember, that it feels great to be on the mountain top, but the valley.... that is where we grow.

Jennifer said...

I'll be thinking of you and your family and hoping that things improve soon. I know they will!! I have found in my life that the hardest times are always followed by the best times!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know how stressful this economy is making me...I feel for you. I pray for all of us to get through the 'recession'.....

ADVERSE! said...

i say a wee pray for ya,like anything im sure its juts a phase n will hopefully passs soon x

Gina said...

Things will improve- family's always seem to pull through.
:-)
So what is the family business???
(I'm new here- need to catch up!)

Ronda's Rants said...

Thanks everyone...we will be fine...time and turning it over to God will make it better! We have a construction company mostly commercial.

ann said...

At a pretty stormy time of my life, someone left me a version of that proverb - ONLY when the sky is very dark can we see the glory of the stars.

Ronda's Rants said...

That is a prettier version...thank you

angela | the painted house said...

I grew up in a family business and know so well all that you have described. It can be so special and so challenging as well to work with family.

I'll say a prayer for you now!