Thursday, April 25, 2013

He is With You Always...But Where Do You Go?

Last night I went to hear and see a presentation about two separate individual's experiences of Hydo-fracking in two separate parts of this country. This kind of stuff usually makes me angry and I toy with the idea of not going...but, rather sticking my head in a book, any book! I don't want to have to see or feel anyone's pain. But...I have to go.  I have volunteered to bring cookies and set up chairs...so we go. As I go, I pray silently. Lord, be with me as I listen. Let my heart not once again go to a place where I am troubled about things I can not control, can not fix, and a place of anger that robs me of joy! Amen.

A few minutes later, as I ride in the car with my Hubby..I think. I should say that prayer again. Lord, be with me as I listen. Let my heart not once again go to a place where I am troubled about things I can not control, can not fix, and a place of anger that robs me of joy! Amen. But, this time...I pause after each request..

Lord, be with me as I listen. ( I am with you always!)

Let my heart not once again go to a place where I am troubled about things I can not control, can not fix, and a place of anger that robs me of joy! ( I am with you always!)

So, I went and listened to a kind man who owns land in Montana where Hydro-fracking has turned his beautiful land into a site unfit for humans, animals, and agriculture. He is not a polished speaker but rather a person who is telling his story so others will know. I think how lucky I am to be here, how blessed I am to be part of a faithful community who cares and how fortunate I am to hear this man's story. Afterwards, I thank him. He smiles a humble smile. I realize he is quite shy and this must have taken a lot of courage for him and then I do recall that after he finished he practically sprinted to a woman's arms where she embraced him in a protective hug. I feel a little ashamed that I didn't want to go. I am glad I did. His story, his face, and his smile will stay with me.

I am off to walk/run and have a little talk with God.


Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9 

No comments: