Monday, April 29, 2013

Be Good!

 I called my Mom this morning because I was upset about a circumstance and needed to "wonder out loud" to someone on how I find myself in this particular circumstance. My mother did her usual "Huh..huh" sounds to let me know she is listening, she cares but...she says little in the way of taking sides. And that IS why I called her. I want to be heard and I do want good counsel and I will get it from my mother. She is on my side and I know that but she would never encourage me to do something that would be wrong for anyone...not just me, her daughter but anyone!


I am a strong willed person and that usually serves everyone including myself well...sometimes it does not. Sometimes, I get stubborn and my anger gets the best of me and I forget that there is more than one side to a situation. So, my mother listened and after I had shed a few tears and a few swear words (sorry, Mom) and we told one another we loved each other...she ended the phone conversation with "Be Good!"
 
"Be Good!" I thought. "Be Good!" what does that mean in this situation. Does it mean to be quiet? Does it mean to ignore it?  No.It does not mean those things.  I know what it means because the same God that informs my mother informs me. I am not to sin in my hurt and anger and if I do I am to seek forgiveness. I am to be just with those who harm me or hurt me  in a way that shows I LOVE mercy and I am to be humble in my walk with God. Two words from my mother that meant a lot to me..."Be Good" ... and I can with God's help!
 
 
 
Micah 6:8
  He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

No comments: