Sunday, October 11, 2009

Things You Learn From Being Unemployed

1. It's nice to have a steady paycheck...I mean really nice...and you miss it and remember it fondly!

2. You discover who your friends are...they are the ones who can still make eye contact when you say..."I am afraid and I am worried." They also don't say things like "Your unemployed and your over 50!"

3. You gain ten pounds...I don't know why... but you do.

4. You have to fight...I mean fight... the desire to nap for a reaaaaaalllllly long time.

5. You are grateful...really grateful when you do find work and you pray for others who are looking for work...because you have been there!

6 comments:

Betty W said...

I´m so glad for you, that you found work.
Even though sometimes I´m not satisfied at my job, I think of others who do not have one, and immediately am thankful.

Jeanne Estridge said...

And, from my own recent experience, you discover you can live on a lot less than you thought, that having free time is a joy, but having work take up most of your free time is also a joy, and that a new job, and a new way of life, can bring unexpected blessings.

Ronda's Rants said...

Amen!

Unknown said...

Naps are good for the soul...i should know i have had 2 already today!
So does this mean you found work? If so I am very happy for you...

Justine said...

Hell woman, with all you've been through recently? You deserve lots of naps. Lots of longgggggggggg naps!

Justine :o )

Teri said...

I love the newfound freedom I am experiencing because of my new job. Hey, I am a well educated women with a brain working for someone who also is well educated with a brain. Love it.

And I Soooo happy that you have your new job.