Sunday, October 18, 2009

Looking For Contrast in the Dark.


I was looking at a friend's pictures of his vacation and he had taken an opportunity to try different lens settings for a unique look. Another bloggy friend had a picture that contrasted light and dark while capturing the moon and sunset in the same frame for a truly beautiful picture.

It got me thinking about my life...I have had some dark times lately but even in the midst of those times I have had some truly beautiful light filled moments.
I wonder... Is that where God is...Is he there in those moments...clearly that IS where and when I see him!
But...if He is there then and I do believe He is...then surely He is there in the dark, as well.
I don't always feel His presence in the dark times...but yet I know He is there.

If I don't always feel His presence ...How do I know He is there? Is God hidden in the shadows?

They say that hindsight is 20-20. I can look back at two incidents in my life that were the worst times of my life. If you would have told me at the time that those would be times God was blessing me... I would have said you were full of "proverbial stuff"!
But...God did bless me and while I would not want to relive any of it...I am glad that it happened because my family and I were made stronger.

I can look back on my life and clearly see that God was there and working in our lives and I believe He is here now...working in the dark.

Have a great week...I am trying to learn to manage a new work schedule and make time for my love of blogging. I am sorry I haven't visited in a while...I am looking forward to an extra hour to my day!

8 comments:

Justine said...

Hmmm... I don't know if I've ever looked at this in such a way. I know God is always with me, but you're right. It's when you're in those darkest times that sometimes you can't feel Him. The worst time in my life in the past 10 years lasted about 6 months. Looking back, I remember begging God to help me. I don't remember ever feeling that He did. And looking back I would definitely not say those 6 months made me a stronger person either. So hmmm. Now you've got me thinking even more!

Justine :o )

Unknown said...

Deep stuff there. I think it is in the dark times that we grow the most. Fluff is easy to deal with, dark isn't.

I can't really say anything profound here, other than I totally understand what you're saying!

Rhonda said...

Hey Ronda. I thought I would stop by and tell you that I am finally home from SITScation. I'll be blogging about it this week and will probably email you on some of it. :)

Kori said...

Just thinking back, too, of the times in my life where it seemed like I was very much alone, and even now I wonder what the reasons for some of the events were, but-I still believe that He is there, you know?

Sending you hugs and prayers today.

Betty W said...

I know how hard it is to feel God in the darkness. But I think that´s why we call it faith. We just have to believe, that He is there and that He will bring us through the dark. He leaves us small lights to guide us, we just have to open our eyes to "see" them.
I hope you get used to your work schedule soon. I know how hard it can be. Don´t worry about visiting the other blogs. Just don´t quit posting! :)

Claremont First Ward said...

Beautiful, insightful, thought provoking post!

Jeanne Estridge said...

I feel the same way -- that the worst times in my life yielded the greatest blessings, and while I wouldn't want to relive them, I wouldn't want to erase them, either.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the most fabulous photos I have seen in some time. It's just gorgeous!!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal