Monday, October 5, 2009

Stop Talking and Listen to Others!

Dear...To no one in particular and everyone else:

My business is failing...we don't have any work. My company is allowed to fail by my government as I am clearly not "too big to fail"! I am not being political here although I am sure there are some who will take it politically because that is what this country does!
We have become a country of talking heads who never listen!
I would like someone to hear my pain...
My company, my family business is failing...Don't look away! Don't marginalize me with "Monday Night quarterbacking" ...I know there are many others like me. Don't send me your stupid email forwards with the analogy of "The Ants and The Grasshopper!"

I am not asking for money or even sympathy...I am asking that you hear me.

My business that my sons, my daughter, my husband and I have poured our hearts and soul into is over. Our dream, our American dream is done. The sadness sometimes washes over me and I cry...I know God has plans for us and we will move forward but allow me my sadness.

I once took a course on customer service training...and one statement that I have never forgotten...
People's perspective is their reality...their reality is their truth...even if it is not the truth...it is to them! They can not move forward until you hear them.

I am trying to make a new reality and a new truth for me.
I encourage everyone to stop talking and listen to others...Hear what they have to say!

From:
No one special.

13 comments:

Kori said...

I am so sorry to hear this; I can't imagine how scared and, yes, sad you all are. I will send up some strong prayers for you all to be okay, for a door to open for you.

Ronda's Rants said...

Thank you Kori...this too shall pass but today I want to feel it and rant a little!

Unknown said...

wow Ronda...I know you said no sympathy but I am so sorry to hear this...sending you all big hugs and lotsa luvs, will be keeping you in my prayers

Ronda's Rants said...

Thanks...I am having a pity party for today...all is welcome...I just want to mourn my loss.

Ronda's Rants said...

I mean "all are welcome"... :)

Cat said...

I'm so sorry...

Roshni said...

I'm so so sorry...I guess this sounds lame..but I wish I could help.

Jeanne Estridge said...

You're someone very special -- and I'm so, so sorry this is happening to you and your family, because you deserve better.

Betty W said...

I´m so sorry to hear this! I know you have been trying so hard to stay "over water" and to have your business fail in spite of everything you tried, that is just sooooo hard to take! I really feel for you and hope that you CAN find a new reality and learn to find happiness in it!

Justine said...

First of all, you ARE special. Is the company really over and done with, or is there something you can do to save it? It seemed like just a month ago you guys were working your butts off. What the hell??? Do you and hubby have alternate ideas of what you can do???

Justine :o )

Malcolm said...

I'm sorry to hear about your business woes. Here's to hoping that you and your family can come out of this dark period and see sunny skies once again.

Tam said...

My Dad owns a roofing company..for the past 40 yrs and well as you wrote about what is happening to you ....it is happening to my Dad and his company. Our families are walking similar paths.

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

Oh, but you ARE someone special :)

And I heard you.....

**hugs**